The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Do not process on startup?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Do not process on startup?

Postby Jerry » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Hey Brad,

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I recently moved to a new group that receives a ton of status emails nightly. Most of these are simple machine messages that I have no interest in and would like to delete. Unfortunately, ClearContext "processes" these emails immediately and it is literally taking me 30 minutes to startup my Outlook each morning.

Is it possible to startup Outlook and then manually start iClearContext and it's processing once I have taken care of the status messages?

Thanks.
Jerry

Prioritization Enhancement

Postby brad » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:17 pm

Jerry -

Let me make two suggestions:

1) Are you on an Exchange server? If so, why don't you set up a server based Outlook rule that moves these automated messages to a separate folder. We only process the Inbox, so that would avoid the need to process those messages on startup.

2) We increased the prioritization process' performance ten fold for our v2 release. That release is in Beta right now. If you're willing to help out with testing, you may want to upgrade to v2 and see if that eliminates the long wait.

Thanks for your interest in the product - please let me know if either of these help the problem.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support