The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Does Clear Context work with Windows Mail?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Does Clear Context work with Windows Mail?

Postby russgu3 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Hi,

I've spent way too much time looking for a simple answer, but couldn't find it anywhere.

So, here is my question: Your FAQ says Clear Context will work on Vista as well as various Outlook programs, but what it doesn't say specifically is whether it works on Windows Mail.

I bought a Dell with Vista and Office 2007 pre-installed. In this case, the Office suite only included Powerpoint, Word and Excel - but NO version of Outlook.

As you probably already know, Vista comes standard with Windows Mail, which looks and works very much like an Outlook program.

I LOVE Clear Context and enjoyed it quite a bit on my XP/Outlook system before it died.

So, please give me the good news that it will also work with Windows Mail. And whether it does or not, please save some other folks the time I've spent and post this info clearly in your FAQ and/or System Requirements pages.

Thanks,

Russ
russgu3

Re: Does Clear Context work with Windows Mail?

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Russ:

Sorry for the confusion. ClearContext only works with Outlook 2003 or 2007, not older versions of Outlook, Outlook Express, or Windows Mail.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support