The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Duplicate emails in Inbox

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Duplicate emails in Inbox

Postby jesse » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:35 am

1 email is showing up twice in my Inbox because of being assigned to multiple categories.
Steps to duplicate:
  1. Set view to Clear Context Prioritized by Category
  2. Reply to a new email; assign and file the original email
  3. Wait for a reply
  4. When the reply comes, it gets automatically assigned to CC OK category and the new Project the original email was filed to
  5. The incoming reply now shows up twice in the Inbox

The duplicate email behaves like 1 email. If I file one email, both copies will disappear from the Inbox and only 1 copy will correctly appear in the project folder.

I am thinking I have an Outlook setting messed up allowing my Inbox to show multiple copies of the same email. Can I get some help in figuring out which setting that is? Thanks.
Untitled.jpg
Duplicate Email
Untitled.jpg (76.11 KiB) Viewed 2993 times

Stats:
Windows Vista SP2
Outlook 2007 SP2
Clear Context 5.4.4 Pro
jesse

Re: Duplicate emails in Inbox

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

That is the expected behavior and how Outlook treats emails with multiple categories when the view is grouped by category. To aovid this you can use a view that doesn't group by Category, or turn off the prioritization that labels CC_OK/VIP in ClearContext Options.
ClearContext Support

Re: Duplicate emails in Inbox

Postby jesse » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 am

OK, thanks for the reply.
jesse

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support