The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Emails Being Saved to My Mailbox Not Public Folder

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Emails Being Saved to My Mailbox Not Public Folder

Postby rachelillsley » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:20 am

I am new to Clear Context and using in a very basic way. I am currently manually filing my emails to a number of Public Folders once or twice a week. I have switched off everything that I can see that automatically does something.

This is working fine for me most of the time and using the the drop down menu on the tool bar in Outlook is much quicker than manually dragging and dropping emails.

However, whenever I accept a suggestion of where a email should be filed from the menu it doesnt put the file in the Public Folder it creates a whole new folder called the exact name of my public folders but within my Mailbox.

I cannot understand this! If I select a folder by using the drop down menu of suggestions the emails go correctly to the Public Folders but if I select the suggestion in the toolbar in goes to my Mailbox.

Can someone explain what I may be doing wrong?! Its very frustrating and time consuming. This software looks full of potential if only I could get it to work properly.
rachelillsley

Re: Emails Being Saved to My Mailbox Not Public Folder

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Rachel:

It's not clear to me how you are entering the Public folder name. Please go to ClearContext > About from within Outlook, press Email Support and send us the data in that email. Include screen prints where possible to show how you are moving messages into Public folders. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Re: Emails Being Saved to My Mailbox Not Public Folder

Postby rachelillsley » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks! What is your email address?
rachelillsley

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support