The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

emails prioritized to bottom of inbox, but contact is hi

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

emails prioritized to bottom of inbox, but contact is hi

Postby jkloubec » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:45 pm

I am running Outlook 2003 on XP with CC 2.0.6 and some of my emails are prioritized to the bottom of my inbox that are linked to contacts rated "high" or "very high". It is not all emails from those users and appears to strip the date from the message. I use the View "Prioritzed by Day" which has these random emails dropped to the bottom of the inbox. Again, it is not all messages from a contact, only random messages. Not sure if this is CC or Exchange having issue with a timestamp.
jkloubec

Postby brad » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:24 am

It sounds like there is a conflict on the messages that caused then to lose their scoring. This is usually caused by use of a Blackberry, running ClearContext on two machines at the same time, or running some other process that accesses your email.

Open the message - does the information bar indicate that you have made changes to another copy of the message? Are you able to assign a Topic to the message, or is it grayed out?

If this is the case, you can try a couple of things to resolve:

1) Restarting Outlook will cause the message to be re-scored.
2) Change the Processing Delay in scoring to try and minimize conflicts. See our FAQ for more detail.

Also, our next release, due out very soon, will have conflict protection built in to help minimize this type of issue.

Please let me know if I can provide further detail.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support