The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Enhancement to MessageContext

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Enhancement to MessageContext

Postby Theo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 am

It would be great to see at a glance how many items are in each tab within MessageContext irrespective of the tab I'm in. E.g. I spend most of my time in conversation so that I can remove and hence not process (I don't like storing messages which are contained in replyies as this slows down searches later). But it would be great to see if there was an Action or Alert associated with the email without visiting those tabs. I could easily see an "veritical ribbon with numbers" or the tab labels being enhanced to include the counts e.g. "Action (2)".

Oviously all without any performance hit :-)

Regards

Theo
Theo

Re: Enhancement to MessageContext

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:55 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added it to the list for future consideration.
Scott - CC Support

Postby stoliosoda » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:39 pm

I agree that this is an excellent suggestion; I'll add one more:

Why is the message context slider's top pane boundary so limited? I find the top boundary of the pane to be a little too low, and switching the full view is the only other way to see more of the Conversation. I would like to see this be more flexible.

Thanks!
stoliosoda

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:04 am

Thanks for the suggestion. The MessageContext's top boundary is fixed due to a limitation of the Outlook control we are using for that Form region. I realize that it looks the same as the FolderContext, but these are actually implemented in different ways. We have this on the list to think about in a future build, but there are no immediate plans to make this enhancement.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support