The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Even Dozen Suggestions

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Even Dozen Suggestions

Postby pablobulldog » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm over a month into intensive use of ClearContext....LOVE IT! And, of course would like to see some additional features, like (not in any order):

1. Add new field to project/topic dashboard: "Links" (link to web site, file, etc.). Populate with hyperlinks contained within emails. Allow manual deletion of these and ability to manually add additional links. (I don't use the RSS feed, maybe an option to put a links block there in lieu of the RSS feed?)

2. Add auto-refresh feature to dashboard after any change, effective throughout each open topic in the dashboard, instead of having to click refresh button.

3. Search within each project/topic Dashboard (limited to that topic)…indexed search would be best.

4. Add ability to delete those contacts no longer appropriate to the topic in dashboard.

5. Add right click on contacts within Dashboard to send email, instead of or in addition to using the actions dropdown. If possible, allow group select with shift or ctrl, to send group email. (Nit pick...using dropdown to email is fine, just not as Window-ish)

6. Include priority and context columns in Tasks and Actions block in Dashboard (feed from priority and context selected when creating task.)

7. Add owner column in Tasks and Actions block of dashboard (for delegated tasks.)

8. More useful Topic assignment picker when sending an email. With the current assign topic popup (when you press send), the default drop down is the whole list. You have to click the "select topic" button to get a suggested shortlist of most likely topics or the start typing to narrow the field option. Then you have to select, close, and then hit OK. Too many steps compared to other places within ClearContext.

9. Generally, I prefer how SimplyFile does auto-filing, and in general prefer it's layout. Don't want to use both SimplyFile and CC...filing gets too confusing.

10. When hit with a time eating crisis at work, it's not uncommon for scheduled tasks to start stacking and turning red (overdue). It would be nice to be able to Ctrl click some or Shift click a bunch of these red tasks (and others) and shift the whole selection X days into the future from their original due dates (not today's date, which would just stack them.)

11. Ability to resize blocks within the Dashboard (not a high priority, but would be nice.)

12. Email preview window (pop-up?) so I don't have to open each one to look at content (single click to preview, double click to open.)

Thanks!
pablobulldog

Re: Even Dozen Suggestions

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks for the detailed feedback - we really appreciate the thought you have put into this list! Most of these items are already on our features wishlist. A few notes:

5. Add right click on contacts within Dashboard to send email, instead of or in addition to using the actions dropdown. If possible, allow group select with shift or ctrl, to send group email. (Nit pick...using dropdown to email is fine, just not as Window-ish)

Unless I misunderstand your request, we already do this. Right click a contact and select Mail To.

8. More useful Topic assignment picker when sending an email. With the current assign topic popup (when you press send), the default drop down is the whole list. You have to click the "select topic" button to get a suggested shortlist of most likely topics or the start typing to narrow the field option. Then you have to select, close, and then hit OK. Too many steps compared to other places within ClearContext.

This is very high on my personal list of items I'd like to see change in the next major release

10. When hit with a time eating crisis at work, it's not uncommon for scheduled tasks to start stacking and turning red (overdue). It would be nice to be able to Ctrl click some or Shift click a bunch of these red tasks (and others) and shift the whole selection X days into the future from their original due dates (not today's date, which would just stack them.)

Ditto on this one. It's surprising to me that native Outlook doesn't already provide this functionality.

Thanks again.
Scott - CC Support

Postby pablobulldog » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:27 am

Oooops, I missed #5...thanks! I'm glad 8 & 10 are high on your personal list. Just these two would greatly improve the usability of CC. Again, great product...showing it off to everyone I can at work. Keep it up!!!
pablobulldog

Re: Search, Multiple Topics, ActionView and Dashboard wishlist i

Postby ckny » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 am

Great thoughts and write-up!

As a very happy but also demanding user, I would like to add / emphasize the following wishlist items:
1. Assign multiple topics to a mail or task, etc.
Driver: not everything fits into one "topic"
Thinking aorund solution options: Outlook categories are not THE solution /workaround as they are not supported to a sufficient degree in CC (e.g. in ActionView filters there is not even a "Not in category XYZ"
Expectations: be able to assign and search for multiple topics and its related items

2. More GTD like ActionView support with features like: search!, "not in category", showing the owner owning a delegated task, etc., support for concept elements like "do asap" (as sorting options are limited and order along due dates is not perfectly aligned with GTD philosophy)
Driver: without a search option dashboard views get cluttered up with messages soon
Expectations: being able to search for content in mails, tasks, etc. Otion to select "not in category"

3. Dashboard: a selected contact should at least show related messages in the message pane only
Driver: as no search is available, this is the only viable path to the expected result
Expectations: selecting a contact show only related messages in the messages pane. Ideally, also Appointmens and attachment would change (relevant) accordingly (pattern could be: "show items from / to / cc (in case of mails) this contact / contact collection (in case of multiple selects).

To see some of these would make CC close to "perfect" ;-) for this year at least ;-)

Implemen
ckny

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks for the detailed feedback. All of these suggestions are already on our list for future consideration. If you have not done so already, please see our product roadmap for v5, which addresses some of your requests.
ClearContext Support

Postby flowersandthesun » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Add new field to project/topic dashboard: "Links" (link to web site, file, etc.). Populate with hyperlinks contained within emails. Allow manual deletion of these and ability to manually add additional links. (I don't use the RSS feed, maybe an option to put a links block there in lieu of the RSS feed?)

+1

I really need a full view of the project in the dashboard, and that includes (links to) files on shares or websites.

Mike
flowersandthesun

Postby tpjasper » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:24 am

I agree with add task assignee to tasks in the dashboard. Would also like to see notes (1st line of notes to tasks would be good).
tpjasper

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support