The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File All Sent Email to Project Folder

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File All Sent Email to Project Folder

Postby premagination » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Greetings,

Here's the situation. My Exchange account is the ultimate recipient of all my email; work, personal, etc. It has all my ClearContext folders, etc.

I've added some Gmail accounts to Outlook. These Gmail accounts already forward their email to my Exchange account, I only use them to send email so that the email is sent with the correct From address. Outlook is setup to only send email from these accounts, not receive, and in fact the ability to download messages isn't enabled in Gmail.

This all works until I want to send an email from a Gmail account. Instead of the sent message getting filed in the proper folder (as specified in CC) it's left in the Gmail Sent Items folder. This a) breaks my process because project emails aren't in one place and b) leaves the message outside of Exchange and thus tied to that specific computer. (I'm using the Exchange account and CC from multiple machines)

This situation is highly undesirable. How can I use Exchange as my primary account, with CC, yet still send emails that are properly filed from different Gmail addresses?

Thank you,

Drew Loika
premagination

Re: File All Sent Email to Project Folder

Postby Scott - CC Support » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:00 pm

We haven't tested this, but try creating an Outlook rule that moves Gmail messages to the Exchange Sent Items folder on send. It's my hope that CC will detect the message and move it to the appropriate project folder.
Scott - CC Support

Re: File All Sent Email to Project Folder

Postby premagination » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Excellent! My preliminary test was successful, I'll report back if I run into problems but that looks to have solved the problem. Thank you!

Drew Loika
premagination

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support