The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File Emails by Topic/Thread with no manual work required

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File Emails by Topic/Thread with no manual work required

Postby GovUser » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm

I have been using CC for a year and am very happy with it. My only wish would be for a way to have new emails be automatically filed as they come in based on the topic/thread already assigned without having to manually choose the "File Conversation Thread to Topic" button in the toolbar. I think CC is assigning a topic to new emails (I think it is parsing the subject line to do this?) as they come in so long as there has been a previous email in the thread that has been assigned to a topic. I was looking for a way for CC to take it to the next level and have it automatically file that email to the topic folder from the inbox without haivng to:

a) Use either the File Message, File Thread or File Topic buttons.
b) Set up an Auto Assign rule for each thread's subsequent messages.

Maybe there ia way to do this already and if there is, please let me know.

Thanks.
GovUser

Postby brad » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. It has been requested before and is on the list for future consideration. In the near term, as a workaround, try periodically selecting CTRL-A to highlight all messages in the Inbox and pressing File - this will file all messages that have a Topic assigned, leaving those that don't. One note, if running v4, you may want to turn of Mark as Read when filing via ClearContext > Options > Preferences > Misc. before filing these messages.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support