The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File Message doesn't work on message in Search results

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File Message doesn't work on message in Search results

Postby atreistm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:47 pm

I am using Outlook 2013, ClearContext 6.2.2. When I filter my inbox using search tools, I cannot file using File Msg. This issue was reported in the past on older software, however, it seems to be still happening.

Please advise.

Further experimenting shows that if the Search tool is set to Current Mailbox, items cannot be moved using Outlook move itself. Changing the scope to Current Folder allowed moving the emails, using File Msg or Move.
atreistm

Re: File Message doesn't work on message in Search results

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 am

In our testing, we are seeing that search results are filing correctly. However, you may not see the message disappear from the list because in the new filed location, the message may still be a valid search result. For example, if your search criteria is in the current mailbox, the message will still show in the result if you file to any folder in that mailbox. As you have observed, changing the scope to Current Folder makes the message disappear because the message has been filed out of the folder and is not longer in the scope of the search.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support