The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File to Public Folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File to Public Folders

Postby Mike Knapp » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:07 pm

Does ClearContext support the ability to file to public folders in Exchange, instead of mailbox folders?
Mike Knapp

Postby brad » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:18 pm

Mike -

Thanks for your question. We don't currently support filing to public folders, though we do support filing to other personal data files. I anticipate sooner rather than later we will build the ability to share threads with other individuals in some form. This may be what you are looking for. We will post an updated product plan on our weblog in the coming weeks that talks about this in more depth.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby Mike Knapp » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:36 am

Actually, what I would like it to do is even simpler - I just want it to see Public Folders/* as a message store, like it does Personal Folders/ or Archive/ or any others.
Mike Knapp

Postby brad » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:52 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I wish it were as simple as it sounds. We've got it on the list and will consider for a future release.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby Mike Knapp » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:55 pm

I know / understand that Outlook / Exchange development is never as simple as it seems.

I would be happy even if the extra metadata you guys add were lost.

Thanks!
Mike Knapp

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support