The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

File Topic sporadic

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

File Topic sporadic

Postby sloscialo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

Not sure why, but sometimes "File Topic" doesn't work. I'd say more times than not it fails to file the messages away.

I'm using the latest ClearContext, version 4.6.4.

Thanks,
Sergio
sloscialo

Re: File Topic sporadic

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:53 am

There is a known issue with File Topic that we expect to fix in a future release. Thanks for your feedback.
Scott - CC Support

Re: File Topic sporadic

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue May 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Sergio:

Can you provide more detail about this problem? The known issue referred to below was fixed in v4.6.4, so it appears that you are seeing a different problem. The next time you encounter the issue, please let me know the following:

1. Are you connected to your Exchange server or offline?
2. Do you know what version of Exchange you are running against?
3. What folder are you trying to file from?
4. Assuming the Inbox, try dragging the effected message into a Topic folder, then back into the Inbox. Now can you file it? (If another folder, try the process in reverse – drag into the Inbox, then back into the affected folder).
5. How are you accessing File Topic (button, menu, or Topic Selector)
6. Does the message already have a Topic assigned to it, or is the dialog to select a Topic appearing.
7. Are you filing to Exchange or to offline or secondary folders?
8. Are there certain message prefixes that aren't being filed (eg RE:, FW:, etc.)

Thanks for the additional information.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support