The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing defaulting to Inbox for all messages

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing defaulting to Inbox for all messages

Postby renlrenl » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

I recently added an MS Exchange account to Outlook (which saves to an .ost file). Following the installation, every new email that I receive in my .pst inbox (where all of my other emails are received) appears to be autoassigned to the Inbox even if I have previously filed the email in another Project. Once I assign a Project to an email, all of the other emails in the thread that are then in my Inbox appear to be appropriately filed (or labled as the case may be)...this just seems to happen with all new messages as they come in. Although the correct Project does usually come up when click to bring up the drop-down box, I find this very annoying since this negates one of the major benefits of CC. Any suggestions?
renlrenl

Re: Filing defaulting to Inbox for all messages

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Do you need to file messages to both mail account files? If not, you can disable in ClearContext Options, the data file you do not need to file to. Doing this will allow you to file to the enabled mail files even if the messages is being moved from a disabled mail file.

If you need to file to both mail files, there is no workaround for avoiding the "Inbox" assignment right now. However, this issue will be fixed in the next version of ClearContext.
ClearContext Support

Re: Filing defaulting to Inbox for all messages

Postby renlrenl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks that solved the problem.
renlrenl

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support