The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing into incorrect location after rules import

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing into incorrect location after rules import

Postby Lau00 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi,

Being a bit of a novice user on clear context i seemed to have ran into some problems, so am after some help.

Had clear context working on a old machine (xp - office 2003) with rules and was filling emails into the correct folders great. Had a machine rebuilt (win 7 - office 2010) and exported the rules following the guide from the support pages. Now the rules are imported onto the new machine and is filling away. But for some reason it is filling into a archive folder it has created and not into the folders in the inbox.

A lot of rules were created to file away in certain folders in my inbox, but for some reason once these rules were imported onto the new machine the file location seemes to have changed. So instead of being in say "inbox/John" they are getting filled away into "john". Now this John folder has been recreated in another folder called Archive, which i didnt create.

Is there a way to change (and there are a lot of them) to point to where they should have gone into?

Hope this makes sense, and any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks
Lau00

Re: Filing into incorrect location after rules import

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Go to ClearContext > About > Email Support, send us the data in that email with a reference to this post and we will provide instructions on configuring to resolve the issue. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby harpreetsingh » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 am

Hi, SAme here i'm also facing this problem but i'm not able to getting it?
Something is better then nothing!
Portable dvd players
Pet insurance
harpreetsingh

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 am

One thing to check is to make sure that the default mail file and filing root listed in ClearContext Options is the correct one.

If so, and messages are still getting filed to a different mail file, it may be that your AutoAssign rules are explicitly set to file to a specific mail file. If so, you will need to go into each autofile rule and then set and save the correct location.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support