The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing Messages to Topic Folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing Messages to Topic Folders

Postby mjgolden » Mon May 24, 2010 8:37 am

It seems to me that there ought to be a way to do this, but but if there is I can't find it.

1. When I file an email message in a topic folder, I want Outlook to open the next email in my inbox Instead, I get sent back to the list of emails in my inbox. If I use Outlook's built in "move item to" command, I can set things up to do this, but then I have to manually select the subfolder each time, rather than have it filed in the assigned ClearContext project file.

2. I wish there was a "File to" button in the ClearContext toolbar when looking at the inbox list of emails. That is, a button that would let me highlight an email and have it sent to the project file it is categorized under WITHOUT having to actually open the indivdiual mail item.
mjgolden

Re: Filing Messages to Topic Folders

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 24, 2010 11:43 am

Let me address your questions:

1. When I file an email message in a topic folder, I want Outlook to open the next email in my inbox Instead, I get sent back to the list of emails in my inbox. If I use Outlook's built in "move item to" command, I can set things up to do this, but then I have to manually select the subfolder each time, rather than have it filed in the assigned ClearContext project file.

This is not available at this time, but is on our features wish list in consideration for a future release.

2. I wish there was a "File to" button in the ClearContext toolbar when looking at the inbox list of emails. That is, a button that would let me highlight an email and have it sent to the project file it is categorized under WITHOUT having to actually open the indivdiual mail item.

Are you running the TWC version of the product? If so, add the File Msg button to the toolbar via ClearContext > Options > UI/Toolbar.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support