The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing not working

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing not working

Postby mattcooling » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:59 am

Recently the filing of sent and original messages has stopped working. I am running the latest version (5.1.0), but have been using this for a few days before the problem appeared. Can anyone help?

Matt
mattcooling

Re: Filing not working

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:36 am

Are the options enabled on the ribbon when you reply to a message?

file_reply.png
file_reply.png (8.61 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
ClearContext Support

Postby mattcooling » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 am

They were yes. However, a reboot fixed it...

Matt
mattcooling

Postby jz608d » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:55 am

I believe that I was able to reproduce a bug when I'm trying filling. If I follow the steps below I'm not able to change the filling folder unless I left from that email and return again to it.

Please do the following:
1- Open an email;
2- Click on the More filling choices drop-down button to access the Folders selector;
3- Pickup a folder (click twice);
4- The selector assign your email to a specific category/folder;
5- If it is asked to any change, click cancel
6- If you press again the More filling drop-down button you have no reaction.

Sometimes if between the action 5 and 6 if you select Clear all categories, the effect is also the same.
jz608d

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22 am

jz608d - what version of Outlook and Windows are you running? How do you access your email (POP? Exchange)? What other add-ins are you running in Outlook? Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby jz608d » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2007 and Windows Vista. I have tried with other Add-ins running and without, and the result is the same. This afternoon I have noticed that sometimes the behavior is aleatory.

Thanks
jz608d

Postby joconnor » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:33 pm

I installed version 5.1 this morning, and also found I could no longer file messages. Quite the pain – I didn’t realize just how critical this is to my work flow. I just discovered that in ClearContext/Options, “File all messages to root folder” was checked off. Not sure what the purpose of this option is for, but un-checking it fixed the problem.
joconnor

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

joconnor - this option was set because you are running the TWC version of ClearContext. See this post for more detail and information on resetting filing to folders.

jz608d - it's not clear to me how you are replicating this behavior:
#2 - are you accessing the folder by pressing the down arrow next to the filing button or are you using the Assign Project function on the More Actions menu?
#4 - if what is asked to change? What you are cancelling here?
#6 - same question as #2; which function are you accessing?

Thanks!
ClearContext Support

Postby jz608d » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:25 pm

See my answers below:

#2 - are you accessing the folder by pressing the down arrow next to the filing button or are you using the Assign Project function on the More Actions menu? Pressing the down arrow
#4 - if what is asked to change? What you are cancelling here? When is asking any change, I press Cancel
#6 - same question as #2; which function are you accessing? Pressing the down arrow
jz608d

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm

What is asking for change? Please give the exact message you are receiving. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby jz608d » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

I have tried one minute ago with the same result. In this case I have one email with one attached Excel file and I have opened the Excel File, Selected Autofilter and close it without saving the file. When I click on the down arrow, I get the message below, and if I click on Cancel, I'm no longer able to select anything using the Project Selector or Down Arrow. The only option is to leave that email, open other one and, if I come back then I'm able to perform the desired action.

Thanks
Attachments
CC_error.JPG
CC_error.JPG (26.29 KiB) Viewed 7475 times
jz608d

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks for the additional information. I can now reproduce the behavior you describe. It appears to be an Outlook bug, but we're looking into whether there is a way around it for a future release.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support