The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filing sent messages problem since upgrade to Outlook 2010

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filing sent messages problem since upgrade to Outlook 2010

Postby J-SiN » Mon May 23, 2011 10:07 am

I've used CC on Outlook 2007 for quite sometime, even this same version (5.4.3) and never had this issue. However ever since upgrading to Outlook 2010 it seems like my Sent Items do not get filed in the correct place (they are in the Sent Items folder) or are in some limbo land which can only be found by doing an entire mailbox search (via Outlook). Even after stopping and restarting Outlook and using the ScanPST tool, there does not seem to be a "flush of the cache" to set things right eventually.

I'm not sure if this is related to:
using-exchange-clearcontext-is-slow-to-update-messages-t3424.html

... however I have made sure that Outlook was in my Windows 7 firewall rules (it was already).

Please help. This is getting frustrating.
J-SiN

Re: Filing sent messages problem since upgrade to Outlook 20

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 23, 2011 10:59 am

Do you by chance have multiple mailboxes setup in Outlook?
ClearContext Support

Postby J-SiN » Mon May 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Yes, I have several mailboxes setup but only the one mailbox (exchange account) is enabled to be used with CC
J-SiN

Postby J-SiN » Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Correction... CC was enabled for the main mailbox and the archive mailbox for the same account.

Bug?
J-SiN

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 23, 2011 7:02 pm

ClearContext only monitors the Inbox and sent items of what is listed as the default account in Outlook. Is the account you are having trouble with the default?
ClearContext Support

Postby J-SiN » Mon May 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes it is the default mailbox. I have also since gone and unchecked the other mailboxes in the CC options and I still see the same behavior happening.

I have noticed that all the sent items which should be getting filed in this default mailbox are ending up in my (non-default) archive files Sent Items folder, even after removing this mailbox from the CC options.
J-SiN

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm

The sent mail being saved in the wrong folders sounds like the cause of why ClearContext isn't seeing the sent items. When you next send an email, trying going to the Options tab of the compose window, press the "Save Sent Items to" button, and check that the sent item is going to the correct location.
ClearContext Support

Postby J-SiN » Mon May 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Yes I think you are right... it is related to which PST is selected to receive email for this account. Since I am forwarding all email to the default account anyways, I only have these other accounts configured to be able to send email from them. When I set them up I was unable to select the OST location as the default inbox, but now going back in I can select the Exchange inbox as my default location and it does look to be working.
J-SiN

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support