The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Filtering categories in Organiser dialog

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Filtering categories in Organiser dialog

Postby j0lxj0lx » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

CC can tag the Project name with a prefix character like "#" and make it an Outlook category

It can also tag contexts with @ and other things (like next action with "!").

However, in the Organiser dialog box, it shows ALL these categories, inluding anything with a special symbol on the front.

Unfortuantely, if I have an item tagged with #Project, @Category and !Next, it shows up THREE times.

Anbd since I have hundreds of projects (in my line of work), it takes forever to wade through the project categorised by "#" to get to the @Context tags right at the bottom.

Does anybody know how to configure CC to show tasks sorted and displayed by ONLY categories with an '@' symbol, and ignore the rest of the symbols?
j0lxj0lx

Re: Filtering categories in Organiser dialog

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:16 am

While ClearContext considers all categories that start with a non-alphanumeric to be a context category, those that start with the special Project prefix should be ignored.

It looks like you found a bug in the category view of the Organizer when the suffix for Project categories is not set. We will get this fixed in the next update.
ClearContext Support

Postby caroza » Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 am

ClearContext Support wrote:While ClearContext considers all categories that start with a non-alphanumeric to be a context category, those that start with the special Project prefix should be ignored.

It looks like you found a bug in the category view of the Organizer when the suffix for Project categories is not set. We will get this fixed in the next update.

Hi, it also looks as though assigning projects in the organizer doesn't propagate the category even though the option is set to synch projects with categories. i.e. if I assign tasks in bulk to a project via the organizer the category isn't set on the task. If I open the individual task and then assign it to the same project, then it is. Outlook 2007 Pro, Win 7 Pro, Clearcontext 5.4.5 evaluation copy.

Many thanks
caroza

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 am

thanks for the report, we will look into it for the next maintenance release.
ClearContext Support

Postby caroza » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:22 am

Thanks, that seems to be sorted out now (have bought a license and installed v6).

Couple of funnies:
If I open a sent message and try to set a followup from inside the message, the dialog doesn't display. It's fine from the toolbar and fine in an unsent message.

If I create a message from a task, later open the task and then open the message attachment, the Send button is greyed out and none of the forward/reply etc buttons are available. (Not sure if this is related to filing it). The same message is fine if I browse to it normally.

I'm sure there's a better place to post stuff like this but I don't seem to have a New Topic button anywhere...

Many thanks
caroza

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 pm

The issue with followup on an opened received message is a known one, and we have a fix ready to push out in the next maintenance release.

The second issue you mention with creating a task from a message that is to be sent was true for v5, but should be resolved for v6. Could that task you're looking at have been created while you were running v5? That issue will persist for tasks created while running v5, but those created while running v6 should be ok.
ClearContext Support

Postby caroza » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 am

That's entirely possible (tasks created in v5) - I only found out that v6 existed when I couldn't get it to accept my license key. I've had a look at an email attached to a task this morning and it seems to be fine.

Many thanks

Caroline
caroza

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support