The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Forwarded email from website server

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Forwarded email from website server

Postby sawxray » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 pm

I have just purchased and installed CC, and am trying to implement a GTD system for my email, contacts, calendar and tasks.

I have a lot of email forwarded from my website, which contains the sender's email address, and which is all sent to xxx@xxx.com (my pseudo email address on the website). All forwarded emails have the same subject line, namely the name of my company. Therefore, they all get placed in one giant thread.

I have been using NEO Pro to separate these emails based on the name of the sender. I would like to be able to use CC to maintain separate threads for my correspondence with each of these people.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
sawxray

Postby brad » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:08 am

IMS identifies message threads by Subject. This is the only reliable way to determine messages from the same conversation. In the scenario you describe, if all messages from your website are coming with the same subject, then they will all be tied together in the same thread.

We plan to implement a contact RelatedView in the future that will show related messages by contact, but I don't have an estimate for implementation at this time.

Is it possible to configure your website so that it appends the user's name or email to the subject? This would result in the grouping that you are looking for.

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support