The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

GTD Outlook Addin End of Life

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

GTD Outlook Addin End of Life

Postby jpowers61 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:20 pm

Ok great...

So I use the GTD Outlook Addin for the last 3-4 years and today I find out that it is EOL next month. This does not mean it will no longer work only no longer supported. After a short time of research into replacement products Clear Context seems to have some of the features I will need.

Does CC support Outlook 64bit?

The rest of the items I guess I will need to learn as I search for replacements
jpowers61

Re: GTD Outlook Addin End of Life

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Yes, ClearContext does support 64 bit Outlook.

For our next product update, we're looking into adding some additional GTD focused features to meet the needs of GTD users. For starters, we're considering better support for Next Action as well as use of the Someday status. If there are specific features that folks would like to see in ClearContext from the soon to be discontinued Netcentrics GTD add-in, we would love to hear the feedback.
ClearContext Support

Postby jpowers61 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:27 am

As I use your product I will try to add suggestions that make sense
jpowers61

Postby mlail » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:35 pm

One enhancement would be to keep projects as a separate field and not have it included in the Categories. This way a "Project Central" dialog can be used just to show project related items. (Project and Subprojects)
Example:
- Project
|-- Marketing Ads
|-- Sales Proposal
|-- etc.

Right now when I create a new project it adds it to the categories
mlail

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. If we are understanding your correctly, the main enhancement would be to have a Project view where you can view items by category? We wouldn't necessarily need to remove the Project name from the category list to implement this.
ClearContext Support

Postby mlail » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:34 pm

Correct.
mlail

Postby jbalcorn » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:32 am

From reading the Using CC with GTD Guide, Projects should be folders, Categories should be contexts.

The Organizer lets you look at all tasks grouped by project (but not by Context)

The Dashboard lets you look at just one project.

A view by Project/Context(Category) would be helpful, especially as NextAction is treated as a special Category.
jbalcorn

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support