The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Help finding/managing a large number of AutoAssign rules

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Help finding/managing a large number of AutoAssign rules

Postby nate » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:32 pm

I have a very large number of AutoAssign rules. As a result, it is very hard to locate rules that I want to modify. I'd like to be able to sort rules by the rule Name and/or the Folder to which the rules will be moved. I am sure there are some other sorting/grouping mechanisms that would also be generally useful.

Until something like this is implemented, are there any workarounds? I was hoping to export the rules and modify that file, but it's a binary.
nate

Postby brad » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Changing the AutoAssign Management UI is an oft-requested feature that we have on our future features list. I don't have a time estimate for implementation at this time.

In the meantime, you can use this utility to export you AutoAssign rules. Then, edit the rules file created (right click it and select edit), save, and run the file. This should update your rules, though if you change the name of a rule it will duplicate it rather than replace the original.

Please let me know if I can provide further assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby nate » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:09 pm

Got it. I was just trying to open up the .reg file in Emacs... seems like Windoze performs some magic when Editing .reg files.

This will suffice for now.
nate

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support