The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

How to get CQ working the same with new default pst

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

How to get CQ working the same with new default pst

Postby georgefurnell » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:42 am

Hi guys,

I’m not sure if this is a pure CQ related question but seeing as I see the symptoms using CQ I’m going to start here.
I have added a new (default) mailbox to my Outlook as I am moving on to a new company, note that the old pst is still attached but that I would like to remove it at some stage. The following is now happening and I would like to change this:

a. Categories are no longer populated with the same values as before – how can I achieve this?
b. “Project” folders are left in the old pst, can I safely move them to the new pst and will CQ be “happy” with this or is there anything else I have to do?
c. Same question as above for the “tasks” and autofile rules & folders?

I guess I can sum this up by asking “what do I need to do to have CQ work the way it did after moving the emails from an old to a new pst?

Regards
George
georgefurnell

Re: How to get CQ working the same with new default pst

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:41 am

If you set your new mail file to be the default in Outlook, and also make sure it is set as the default and enabled in ClearContext->Options, you should be able to move over without too much trouble. Once you have done so, if you have any specific issues please describe them in detail.
ClearContext Support

Re: How to get CQ working the same with new default pst

Postby georgefurnell » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi support,
There is defiantly unexpected results & behaviour (IMHO), but seeing as I just installed 7.02 Ill get back to this post after a while of testing.

Regards
George
georgefurnell

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support