The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

How to stop from suggesting archive folders

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

How to stop from suggesting archive folders

Postby convergent » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 am

I am running V7.02. The folder suggesting worked great and reliably in V6, but I find that with V7 it often doesn't have a suggestion for cases it would have in V6, and more annoying is that it now seems to suggest archive folders often. I never want it to suggest an archive folder, so I'd like to force it to never do so. Often now it will suggest the active folder and archive folder, of the same name... with only an asterick to indicate the archive. If I'm in a rush I might not see that and misfile... then causing me to have a hard time finding it later.
convergent

Re: How to stop from suggesting archive folders

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:57 am

If you never file to your archive mail file from ClearContext, you can go to the ClearContext->Options screen and disable that mail file for use with ClearContext. You can also selectively exclude folders from being filed with ClearContext in the folder selection screen by right clicking on a folder in the tree view.

We are hearing from some users that the v7 filing suggestions are not working as well for them as v6 and we are working on an update to improve these cases.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support