The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

I need some advice using Exchange and multiple POP3 accounts

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

I need some advice using Exchange and multiple POP3 accounts

Postby CraigV » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 am

I'm a long time ClearContext user and I have about 3 POP3 email accounts. I recently got a hosted Exchange account for one of my domains so I can use ActiveSync on a new phone. So I re-setup my Outlook for the Exchange account, and I also have kept the POP3 accounts.

After I set it up, I figured CC would be able to run fine, but it is able to work on a single "Inbox". Since I've got a mixed setup, I've got two Inboxes - one for my POP3 (.PST) and another for my Exchange (.OST).

Has anybody else encountered and resolved this dilemma? Do I have to forward all of my other email through the hosted Exchange server in order for it to show up in my Inbox and be processed by CC? If so, will Outlook handle those correctly when I hit "reply" and use the correct reply-to address?

I'm lost without my ClearContext...
CraigV

Re: I need some advice using Exchange and multiple POP3 accounts

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:00 am

Do I have to forward all of my other email through the hosted Exchange server in order for it to show up in my Inbox and be processed by CC? If so, will Outlook handle those correctly when I hit "reply" and use the correct reply-to address?

Craig:

This is how I have my various mail accounts set up and it works like a charm. When you reply to email from various accounts from within Outlook, it automatically replies using the account that received the message.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support