The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Ideal setup and configuration question

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Ideal setup and configuration question

Postby Caligent » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:45 pm

I've been working in Outlook now for quite a few years, maybe since 2000. I am now currently using Outlook 2003 and have recently installed the CC Pro. Everything is installed and all the wizards have run successfully. Over the years I've created hundreds of folders within outlook along with some rules to automatically file most incoming messages into the appropriate folders in order to keep things organized.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the idea that CC won't be as effective prioritizing messages if the majority of the mail is not landing in the default inbox. I only see unclassified e-mails in my inbox and hardly any of them are being prioritized since most of them are from new senders. In essence the only e-mails that make it to my inbox are those I have not yet setup a folder and rule for, so naturally CC sees them as unimportant or spam.

Do you recommend that I delete all of my Outlook rules so that all mail lands in my inbox for proper prioritization by CC?
Caligent

Re: Ideal setup and configuration question

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:39 pm

ClearContext is designed largely under the assumption that you triage email from your Inbox, making determinations on what gets consumed, filed, converted to tasks, etc. from there. That said, if you have a system that is largely working for you, I wouldn't necessarily recommend that you rip it out. You might want to find a happy medium - pushing unimportant email like spam and personal items to folders while leaving your business items in the Inbox for faster thread based processing.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support