The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Just downloaded free program and can't install

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Just downloaded free program and can't install

Postby happyboy7 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi!

I was very excited to use your great-sounding program and am not able to install it. I have downloaded the program, and when I click to install it I receive an error message that says "ccims.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

I am running XP pro with sp2 and the Vista pack
I use Microsoft Outlook 2003
I use the POP
No additional Outlook addins

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks!
happyboy7

Postby brad » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:00 pm

This is indicative of a corrupted or incomplete download. Try clearing your browser cache, downloading the program to your hard drive via right click > Save Target As..., and running it from there.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby happyboy7 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:44 am

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your assistance! I tried your suggestions three times, downloading from your website and still had the same problem. I then went to download.com and tried two different times, same problem. Then, I noticed the page after downloading mentioned if you have download problems, try this site. I downloaded from this link, tried to install, and IT WORKED!! YEAH!!

I went through the configuration process (I think 8 steps with different screens), taking much time to make sure I entered everything in correctly. The program told me it successfully dealt with about 1100 e-mails. I finished, and the CC tool bars have been installed; however, there was no change in color of any of the e-mails!! There are many in my Outlook that fit the parameters as I was setting things up, and I expected the different colors. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you again!!

Eric
happyboy7

Postby brad » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:38 pm

Are you running a non-English language version of Outlook? If so, see this post for detail on fixing your views.

If running the English language version of Outlook.:
1. Go to ClearContext > Options and click Restore Views.
2. Try selecting a view via ClearContext > Inbox Views > View Selection Wizard. Does this fix the problem?

ClearContext only color-codes the default Inbox, so make sure that you are looking at your primary default Inbox when looking for color-coding. Go to Tools > E-Mail Accounts > Next - the Inbox in the mailbox listed as "Deliver new email to..." is the Inbox that should be color-coded.

Please let me know if any of this helps.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby happyboy7 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi Brad,

Yes, this did the trick! After I clicked Restore Views then View Selection Wizard, all the messages became color coded.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Eric
happyboy7

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support