The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Known add-in conflicts - Do you run these?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Known add-in conflicts - Do you run these?

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

ClearContext follows Microsoft's recommended practices for Outlook add-in development to ensure that the product works with the widest range of third party Outlook add-ins. That said, we do find issues with certain add-ins from time to time. See the list below for known issues and workarounds where available.

A comprehensive troubleshooting guide is available here.

• Xobni v1.7- two issues:
    • When running Xobni v1.7, the application crashes if you close the Xobni Sidebar via the Xobni menu.
    • If installing ClearContext after Xobni, there is a display problem after initial ClearContext setup. Restart Outlook to eliminate.
    • RESOLVED in Xobni v1.7: There is a crash when closing the Outlook that has been reported in several environments while running Xobni v1.6.3. Upgrade to Xobni v1.7 to eliminate this issue.
  • Avast - conflicts and/or performance issues may result when running Avast. Adjust your Processing Delay to avoid.
  • Adobe PDF Professional - if your ClearContext toolbar disappears on open messages, this is likely a conflict with another Outlook add-in. In particular, Adobe PDF Pro overwrites other add-ins toolbars. To resolve, this SlipStick post has instructions to disable the add-in.
  • Salesforce - we tested v3.2 of Salesforce and determined that it had similar problems as Adobe. Details and workarounds available here.
  • Apple Outlook Add-ins - iTunes and Outlook Change Notifier - both of these add-ins have been reported to cause Outlook issues, regardless of what other add-ins you have installed. If you aren't synchronizing an Apple device to your Outlook calendar, you should disable. FYI - there have been recent reports that the iTunes add-in causes the ClearContext ribbon to cease loading in open messages.
  • WindowBlinds from Stardock - a couple of users have reported display problems in the Dashboard and the Notifications Summary when running this Windows skin. Workaround documented here.
  • Interwoven MailSite - we have not tested this problem in house, but one user has reported that the they could not use MailSite after ClearContext was installed. Please let us know if you experience this issue.
  • Aladdin Add-ins - it has been reported that the Aladdin Outlook Add-ins cause the main Contact tab in the Outlook ribbon to disappear. Disable Aladdin to resolve.
  • HP Ease Archiving Utility - it has been reported that running the HP Easy Archiving Utility and ClearContext at the same time causes the ClearContext toolbar and menu to disappear. Disable the HP add-in to resolve.

Troubleshooting
If you suspect that you are experiencing a problem with an Outlook add-in that is not listed, try the following:
This is an especially useful technique when trying to identify the source of performance issues. If you find a direct conflict with another add-in, post information about the issue here so that we can investigate further.

Conflicts
If you are receiving message conflicts and/or notice that messages appear unscored in your Inbox, this could be due to ClearContext interaction with another add-in. Adjust your processing delay to avoid this issue.

We will update this list as we identify add-ins with issues and/or the problems above are resolved.
Last edited by ClearContext Support on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Reason: Added Aladdin and HP Easy Archiving to the list
ClearContext Support

Re: Known add-in conflicts - Do you run these?

Postby tonykent » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:51 am

I am getting "Outlook Application Error" messages and freezing again - if I adjust the scoring which way is recommended, left or right?
tonykent

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Tony, this doesn't necessarily sound like a conflict with another add-in. Please go to ClearContext > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with a screen print showing the error. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby ahpatel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:55 pm

I still experience crashes on Vista/Outlook2007 w/ CC & Xobni 1.7.

The Xobni team says that it is a known issues with CC and they are working with you guys to resolve them.

ref: http://www.xobni.com/community/showthre ... 5#post7095
ahpatel

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:44 pm

ahpatel:

Please describe in more detail. There is a known crash when closing the Xobni v1.7 Sidebar, but no other issues have been reported to us. We are working with the Xobni team to fix that issue.

Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby ahpatel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:19 pm

I can load both add-ins successfully. However, when trying to hide Xobni (Xobni -> View Xobni Sidebar), it leaves a huge gray area. Then, trying to unhide Xobni causes Outlook to crash. This doesn't happen with CC uninstalled (not to say that makes it a CC issue... just pointint it out)

It's been reported to Xobni and they are working on it. However, IIRC, they did say some changes had to be made by CC as well.
ahpatel

Postby ClearContext Support » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Thanks for the additional detail. That's the known issue describe above. We're working with the Xobni team to resolve. In the mean time, try minimizing the Sidebar rather than hiding it.
ClearContext Support

Postby Hond » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:55 am

I run Outlook 2007 SP1 on Vista. First I installed Xobni 1.7 (downloaded today). The panel was positioned on the outer right. Then I installed ClearContext Pro 4.6.4 (downloaded today). The Xobni panel repositioned to the left and leaves a blank area on the right.
This issue should be resolved a long time ago, I thought ...
Hond

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Did you restart Outlook after you installed ClearContext? I believe you will find the issue resolved after a restart.
ClearContext Support

Postby TomWade » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Are you saying that under Vista\64 and CC 4.6.4 (with MYN?) that Xobni works OK? I have been holding opff installing it, and want to be sure it won't cause problems......

Tom
TomWade

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:27 pm

For the most part yes. There is a known issue listed above, but since few people hide the Xobni sidebar, you are unlikely to see it.
ClearContext Support

Postby Hond » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:33 pm

I resolved the problem with the moving Xobni panel. First I tried to disable both Xobni and ClearContext, close and restart Outlook and than enable them. Didn't work. Then I rerun the installation files of Xobni and then ClearContext. Didn't work. Finally I removed Xobni from my computer and reinstalled it (with administrative rights). This works!
It seems that you first have to install ClearContext Pro and then Xobni!
Hond

Postby georgeyap » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:25 am

Hi,

I have a user who uses Outlook with Clear Context and has iTunes installed. As per the known issues section, I noticed the Apple iTunes Outlook add-in under COM Add-Ins and proceeded to disable it. However, it seems to always reappear. I am not sure whether it reappears when you relaunch Outlook, or when you launch iTunes or when he plugs in his iPhone to the docking stand connected via USB to his PC. The error he receives in Outlook is that the system is low on memory even though he has more than 1Gb of physical RAM remaining in Task Manager. Is this one of the known problems of this plugin and can you please show me how to completely disable the Addin and avoid from re-appearing each time Outlook is launched.

I did a quick search and someone provided a registry solution - changing HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Office>Outlook>Addins>iTunesAddin.CalendarHelper and change the LoadBehavior property to "0"
Is this a fix?
georgeyap

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:13 am

I did a quick search and someone provided a registry solution - changing HKCU>Software>Microsoft>Office>Outlook>Addins>iTunesAddin.CalendarHelper and change the LoadBehavior property to "0"
Is this a fix?

I expect that to work. You could also try running Outlook as Administrator and disabling.
ClearContext Support

Postby manu.ceulemans@skynet.be » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 am

Hello
I identified another issue with the Clear Context add-in and the Pocket Informant sync tool for iPhone(WDS www.webis.net) Seems that the ClearContext blocks the access to the Outlooksync.dll when active. Synchronisation is OK when ClearContext add-in is disabled.
Running Outlook2003 SP3

Any tips ?

Thank you
manu.ceulemans@skynet.be

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support