A comprehensive troubleshooting guide is available here.
- Xobni v1.7- two issues:
- When running Xobni v1.7, the application crashes if you close the Xobni Sidebar via the Xobni menu.
- If installing ClearContext after Xobni, there is a display problem after initial ClearContext setup. Restart Outlook to eliminate.
- RESOLVED in Xobni v1.7: There is a crash when closing the Outlook that has been reported in several environments while running Xobni v1.6.3. Upgrade to Xobni v1.7 to eliminate this issue.
- Avast - conflicts and/or performance issues may result when running Avast. Adjust your Processing Delay to avoid.
- Adobe PDF Professional - if your ClearContext toolbar disappears on open messages, this is likely a conflict with another Outlook add-in. In particular, Adobe PDF Pro overwrites other add-ins toolbars. To resolve, this SlipStick post has instructions to disable the add-in.
- Salesforce - we tested v3.2 of Salesforce and determined that it had similar problems as Adobe. Details and workarounds available here.
- Apple Outlook Add-ins - iTunes and Outlook Change Notifier - both of these add-ins have been reported to cause Outlook issues, regardless of what other add-ins you have installed. If you aren't synchronizing an Apple device to your Outlook calendar, you should disable. FYI - there have been recent reports that the iTunes add-in causes the ClearContext ribbon to cease loading in open messages.
- WindowBlinds from Stardock - a couple of users have reported display problems in the Dashboard and the Notifications Summary when running this Windows skin. Workaround documented here.
- Interwoven MailSite - we have not tested this problem in house, but one user has reported that the they could not use MailSite after ClearContext was installed. Please let us know if you experience this issue.
- Aladdin Add-ins - it has been reported that the Aladdin Outlook Add-ins cause the main Contact tab in the Outlook ribbon to disappear. Disable Aladdin to resolve.
- HP Ease Archiving Utility - it has been reported that running the HP Easy Archiving Utility and ClearContext at the same time causes the ClearContext toolbar and menu to disappear. Disable the HP add-in to resolve.
If you suspect that you are experiencing a problem with an Outlook add-in that is not listed, try the following:
- Disable all of your add-ins
- Confirm that the problem goes away
- Re-enable each add-in one at a time until the problem manifests itself
If you are receiving message conflicts and/or notice that messages appear unscored in your Inbox, this could be due to ClearContext interaction with another add-in. Adjust your processing delay to avoid this issue.
We will update this list as we identify add-ins with issues and/or the problems above are resolved.