The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Links from Daily Digest not working in CC6

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Links from Daily Digest not working in CC6

Postby j0lxj0lx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:02 pm

In my daily digest email, I am getting an error when I click the link to the AutoFiled folders from within that email.

The URL is outlook://mailbox_REference/ClearContexct Autofiled/Autofiled_folder_name

Here is the error message from the popup.

This error can appear if a hyperlink was added to the Subject box of an Outlook message and the address of the hyperlink contains one or more spaces. The hyperlink does not work because the address is incomplete. It breaks at the first space.
To fix this problem, add an angle bracket to each end of the hyperlink address.
For example:
<outlook:Sent Items>
<http://website/a page on the site>
Or replace the spaces with "%20" and then reset the hyperlink by editing it.

I think it might be the space betweenClearContext and Autofiled. It might need to be expressed as

ClearContext%20Autofiled

in the application code to resolve this problem. Is there a string parser in your application that can translate spaces and slashes to these strings to avoid issues with incorrect interpretation by the calling program (in this case it's outlook)?
j0lxj0lx

Re: Links from Daily Digest not working in CC6

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:19 am

Brackets are used, so the %20 replacement is not necessary. Was the linking working before, or is this a problem that started happening?

Can you send us a copy of one of your daily digests by starting a support request from ClearContext->Help and the dragging a daily digest into that email?
ClearContext Support

Postby j0lxj0lx » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:38 pm

It started happening when I upgraded from CC5 to CC6.

I'll post the daily digest email to support later today!
j0lxj0lx

Postby j0lxj0lx » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 am

I posted a digest to the support email address
j0lxj0lx

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support