The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Manual TWC View Initialization

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Manual TWC View Initialization

Postby dreilly » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Brad,

I am having trouble with this sequence

1. Close Outlook
2. Download twcviewinitialization.zip
3. Open the zip file
4. Run twcviewinitialization.reg from the zip file
What does this mean when I double click or run from "run", I just get a text message that looks like some code that would go in a registry folder. I know that I am doing something that is simple incorrectly, but please help. The trail version is amazing, but this feature is keeping me from purchasing.
5. Select "Yes" to the warning "Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working correctly."
6. Open Outlook

Thanx
Dan
dreilly

Postby brad » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Dan -

Try extracting the .reg file to your hard drive first, then double-clicking it to run.

If you still see the text file, it indicates that there is some security on your computer that won't allow you to execute a .reg file. If you know the Administrator password, try right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator."

If that doesn't work, I need you to manually enter that key into your registry. Let me know if you require further instructions for that.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby dreilly » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Brad,

Thank you very much. For some reason my machine opens reg files with notepad by default (I read somewhere that that can be safe for the machine). with your prompting I figured I could go to run - regedit - import. This worked well and the TWC views are now showing up.

Do you have any concerns about this approach. If not, thank you so much for your assistance and prompt reply.

Dan
dreilly

Postby brad » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm

No concerns at all - I'm glad it worked out. Please let us know if we can provide additional assistance.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support