The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Match Project Name in subject to correct Project, end task

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Match Project Name in subject to correct Project, end task

Postby Document_Control » Sun May 01, 2016 10:54 am

Hi all,

I am using the newest version of ClearContext plugin with Outlook 2012.

Every day, I send out numerous email to customers, with the intent that they will respond and either approve a project, or have comments that need to be addressed. The projects go by serial number, the format is 103427-77846.

Right now, my workflow with ClearContext is that I send out an email with the subject "103427-77846 APPROVALS" (the serial number changes for each project). But before hitting send, I assign the outgoing email to a project (whatever the serial number is) and have it a) Create a new directory with the name of the project b) File the outgoing email into it's new project folder, and c) Create a Task from this outgoing message, with a reminder followup in 2 days.

My ultimate goal here is to keep all of the initial outgoing Approval emails well organized and tagged with their project number. The Task is so that I can followup in 2 days and see if the customer received the email, read it, and downloaded the associated design files (not attachments, but via a link in the email to a shared Box folder online).

When the customer opens the email and downloads the content from the included link from the shared online folder, I receive a notification email with the subject line "John Doe has accepted your invite to folder 03427-77846".

What I then what happen is for ClearContext and Outlook to see the incoming email, scan the subject line, match all of the current projects to the words in the subject line, and if there's a match, file the new incoming email to the appropriate Project Folder and also change the Task status to either a later followup, or change it to complete (or some other status).

Is this asking too much? Or perhaps there is a different workflow to implement? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Josh
Document_Control

Re: Match Project Name in subject to correct Project, end ta

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon May 02, 2016 9:37 am

There is an AutoFile feature that can automatically assign and file to a Project folder based on various criteria. However, this feature has fixed rules, such as specifically finding the keyword "project 123abc" in the subject, and would not be able to dynamically recognize that a serial number was used and automatically determine how to assign it to a project. So unfortunately, the capability you are looking for to automatically recognize your Project serial numbers in the subject doesn't currently exist to either file or change task statuses.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support