The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Message Store problem?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Message Store problem?

Postby sjordi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am

Hi,
I have ClearContext Pro 4.6.4 and seem to have a problem telling it where to store the ClearContext folders.

Don't know if it's a bug.
I don't want those folders to be in my Inbox folder. So I created a ClearContext folder at the top of my tree in my main outlook file (I use only one, called Mailbox.pst)
I went into ClearContext->Options->Configuration
There, in the "Message Store For ClearContext Topics", I selected "Steve Outlook (primary)" - which is the only one choice - and under it, in the "Location of ClearContext Topic Folders", I added "/ClearContext"

Still, after I moved all my ClearContext folders to it, that is ClearContext Dashboard, ClearContext Deferred, ClearContext Metrics and ClearContext Dashboard Unsubscribed, those folders have been recreated under /Inbox.

Any way to avoid this?

Or is the bug... myself? Maybe I didn't understand that option. If I carefully read instructions, it speaks about "topics" only... so maybe that's not the right option.

If it's not, any way to move those 4 folders to something different than /Inbox?

Thanks for any help.
Steve Jordi
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Re: Message Store problem?

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Location for ClearContext Topics defines where your Topic folders are located. These are the folders that ClearContext files to when using the filing buttons.

The ClearContext Dashboard, ClearContext Deferred, ClearContext Metrics and ClearContext Unsubscribed folders are system folders that reside as sub-folders of the Inbox. For technical reasons, the location of these folders cannot be changed.
ClearContext Support

Re: Message Store problem?

Postby sjordi » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Ah ok,
I missunderstood then.
now it's clear :)

Thanks for your very prompt help.
Steve Jordi
Prangins, Switzerland
sjordi

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support