The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Message Toolbar Disappears when CC 5.4.5 Addin is Enabled

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Message Toolbar Disappears when CC 5.4.5 Addin is Enabled

Postby dwendling » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:50 am

I am running CC MYN version 5.4.5 with Outlook 2007. Just today, the Message toolbar disappeared -- I only have the Development and Add-in Toolbar in messages in my inbox with CC installed. Run Outlook in Safe mode, Uninstall CC, or disable the CC Add In, the Message toolbar re-appears. When I re-enable the CC Add-In, the Message toolbar disappears.

All tool bars work fine in new messages I compose.

MessageToolBarIssue.jpg
MessageToolBarIssue.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
dwendling

Re: Message Toolbar Disappears when CC 5.4.5 Addin is Enable

Postby ClearContext Support » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Have you recently installed any new Outlook add-ins? There are some that are known to conflict with the ClearContext toolbar.
ClearContext Support

Postby dwendling » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:15 am

This is a Corporate System -- I have admin rights, but we do get software "pushes" from our desktop management team.

I did notice this add-in after I reported my issue yesterday. It must have been installed this week. It is "MailGate SC" -- "Axway Secure Collaboration Add-In" version 2.0.194.0. I am unable to disable. While I have local admin rights, there are some things I cannot change.

Screen shot attached
MailGate-Outlook2007.jpg
MailGate-Outlook2007.jpg (40.75 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
dwendling

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:12 am

We don't have access to that add-in so we are unable to test it ourselves. Can you go to the Tools->Options->Other screen in Outlook, click the Advanced Options button, then enable the "Show add-in user interface errors" option? After restarting Outlook, do you see any error messages when you open a message?
ClearContext Support

Postby dwendling » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:22 am

With the Add-In Error Logging Enabled. I get the following error messages opening a new email (composing).
Error Composing New Email.jpg
Error Opening a New Email
Error Composing New Email.jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 5186 times

After click OK, I get:
Error Opening Exsting Message.jpg
Error Opening Exsting Message.jpg (21.62 KiB) Viewed 5186 times

If I open an email I received, I just get the second error.

When replying, I get Errors 1 and 2 (like i was composing a new email).
dwendling

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:24 pm

You may want to try running the Office repair. Both SecureCollaboration and ClearContext are seeing errors in accessing components built into the Office ribbon. You can start this process by clicking Help->Diagnostics within Outlook.

If that doesn't help, you may have to contact the company associated with the SecureCollaboration add-in. It appears that their initialization is failing first in the Ribbon and causing the initialization of other add-ins to fail as well. As mentioned, we don't have access to this software and have no way to further diagnose the problem.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support