The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Missing ClearContext Folders?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Missing ClearContext Folders?

Postby pwolf4620 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:51 am

- What version of Microsoft Windows are you running?
Vista Enterprise

- What version of Microsoft Outlook are you running? (If OL2K, are you in Corporate Mode or Internet Only?)
2007, Corporate

- What type of mail account(s) are you accessing (i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, etc.)?
Exchange

- What, if any, additional Outlook Add-in's or Rules are installed?
None

- How do you reproduce the error?
Filing a message using ClearContext to the "missing" topic/folder

- What is the severity of the problem? (Fatal - unusable, Serious - workaround avail., Minor - superficial annoyance)
Serious - I'm able to work, but not able to see the folder/topic

The topic is available in the CC drop-down. However, when you select an email, choose the topic with the missing folder in the ClearContext folder, the message gets filed, but I'm not able to open the folder to retrieve the message, unless I do a Desktop or Outlook search.

Please advise,

Patrick[/img]
pwolf4620

Postby brad » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:18 am

Patrick:

This sounds like the result of Outlook mail file corruption. The first thing you should do is try running SCANPST against your mail file and see if it clears the issue up. Details on this utility are here. Make sure that you run SCANPST multiple times in a row until it no longer finds errors. Alternatively, let outlook rebuild your OST from scratch by renaming the file to something else and re-opening Outlook.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please do the following:
1. Verify you are running IMS v3.1.1 via ClearContext > About. If not, please upgrade.
2. Once you are running v3.1.1, press Email Support on the About screen and forward me the detail in that email.

Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby brad » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:06 am

FYI - this was the final resolution on this issue from Patrick:

I found out that there may be a bug, in that, the Exchange Server will hide random folders.

Since the folder cannot be seen through either Outlook or OWA, SCANPST wouldn’t have been able to fix it.

IT has made the folder visible.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support