The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Monitoring/scoring on multiple Inboxes?

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Monitoring/scoring on multiple Inboxes?

Postby Organized426 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am

Is there any support for multiple Inboxes? I have a main Exchange Inbox, but just added a second POP account to my Outlook profile that I'm having delivered to a separate Inbox folder.
Organized426

Postby brad » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 am

ClearContext only actively manages one Inbox, the default Inbox that new mail is delivered to. Is it possible for you to direct your POP account to deliver mail to your Exchange Inbox and manage both accounts from there? To do so go to Tools > E-Mail Accounts > Next, and change where you deliver new mail to.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby Organized426 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 pm

I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure. I don't really want to have it going to my other Inbox as this is a new business and I want to keep it completely segregated from my other one. ClearContext is too important to me, though, so I may have to!! I guess I can experiment with grouping by the To field to keep them somewhat separate within the Inbox. If you have any other suggestions, Brad, I'm all ears!
Organized426

Postby brad » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Do you need to manage both accounts at the same time? You could create two separate profiles and direct Outlook to ask which one to open at startup (via Control Panel > Mail). This would require a restart each time you wanted to look at a different account.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby Organized426 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:21 am

Yes, I need to be able to see and respond to mail on both at any time.

I may try an extra top-level grouping on "To" in front of "CC-ThreadLastReceived" which I currently use as an Inbox grouping (that's not your default, I know, but I like having the threads grouped), unless you think there's a reason that won't work.
Organized426

Postby brad » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:16 am

That might work. One note of caution, if you use the Exchange mailbox as your default, any messages that you bring in from your other account will be copied to the Exchange server.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support