The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

mouse clicks don't work in MS Word 2003 viewer

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

mouse clicks don't work in MS Word 2003 viewer

Postby molivier » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi,

after installing CC Pro, I've found that mouse sometimes starts acting oddly when I'm editing messages - using Word 2003 for writing messages.

I click control-N to start new message
I click the mouse in the body of message. Cursor does not go there (it should).
I can tab down till I'm in the message body

What's up? Didn't see I have any Add-In conflicts from the list in the Help section of CC website.

thanks,
Michael

[Outlook 2003 SP2, Win XP Pro SP2]
molivier

Re: mouse clicks don't work in MS Word 2003 viewer

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:45 pm

I don't expect ClearContext to have any impact on cursor control when editing messages and would like to get to the bottom of the problem. Does the problem persist after a reboot? Are you using a wireless mouse? How consistent is the problem? Does it persist if you disable ClearContext?
ClearContext Support

Re: mouse clicks don't work in MS Word 2003 viewer

Postby molivier » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:24 pm

The Detect/Repair path from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1711&p=6535 (or maybe another reboot) did make the problem go away - so I am all set. Thanks!
molivier

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support