The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Moving Emails in Public Folders via. "File Thread"

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Moving Emails in Public Folders via. "File Thread"

Postby brett.rieker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi,
I am currently evaluating ClearContext, I am wanting to file/sort a lot of emails from a range of users that have deposited a large amount of files into our Public Folders on the server. However, each time I select 'File Thread' or 'File Msg' nothing happens. The messages do not move, nor do they show up in the destination file. The task does work straight our of my inbox and all folders and subfolders not in the Public Folders.

I do have full permissions, it does work by moving manually without issue, running W7, Office 2010, 64bit. Public Folders is enabled under the Configuration in the CC options.
I am sure it can be done, but I cannot find what I am missing.
This is the perfect tool for what our company needs, however, if I cannot get it to work in Public Folders, it doesn't seem worth it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
brett.rieker

Re: Moving Emails in Public Folders via. "File Thread"

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks for trying the product. The filing tools work in standard Outlook mail folders, but are not expected to work from within Public folders.
Scott - CC Support

Re: Moving Emails in Public Folders via. "File Thread"

Postby brett.rieker » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Tis rather unfortunate.
I did get it to work twice out of many attempts at different times, but these successes were at random and inconsistent. Sometimes if in the Public Folders the filing options will gray-out, but if you go into a standard Outlook folder, the options become active again.
Thanks for the reply Scott.
brett.rieker

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support