The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Multiple Outlook Clients - Exchange

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Multiple Outlook Clients - Exchange

Postby mikel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:36 am

Hello,
I am so far very happy with the demo I am trying out. I do however have a question about using it with multiple Outlook clients connecting to Exchange. When using the 2 clients, one on my PC and one on my laptop, I assume I have to install CC on both PCs, will they sync up, rules, projects, etc? Do I need to "copy" the rules from one to the other first? Do I set one a primary and one a secondary? I am very active on both computers so in order for this to fulfill my needs they have to be perfectly synced each time I use one or the other.

Thanks for the help

Mike
mikel

Re: Multiple Outlook Clients - Exchange

Postby Scott - CC Support » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:31 am

With the v5 release, ClearContext fully supports the use of multiple machines to access your Exchange mail file. All data is synchronized via Exchange. This means that projects, project assignments, etc. will all work as you expect. AutoAssign rules are stored locally, but we advise that you only run these on one machine anyway to avoid message duplicates.
Scott - CC Support

Postby DerekSchauland » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 am

Is it recommended to keep your Clear Context mail file in your default mail file (on exchange) or use a alternate PST file?

Currently I am using an alternate PST file for filed messages, but am hoping to use CC on my laptop and desktop PCs and am not sure how to accomplish this using a PST file...
DerekSchauland

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:16 pm

If you want to see your filed messages on all PCs, you will want to file to Exchange and let the Exchange server synchronize folders/messages throughout.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support