The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Multiple PSTs

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Multiple PSTs

Postby justauser » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:30 pm

I'm looking at ClearContext and it looks very interesting. I use several PSTs and each of these holds project files. It seems from what I read, all project/topics have to be in a single PST. Is that true? Can this be changed or can the filing assistant at least remember multiple folders across the PSTs.
justauser

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Add a secondary PST via ClearContext > Options > Configuration. Details are here.
ClearContext Support

thanks for the informaiton, but....

Postby justauser » Thu May 01, 2008 5:03 am

I actually have multiple other PSTs I use for various projects. Looks like I only get the main Exchange and one PST. AM I correct?
justauser

Postby brad » Thu May 01, 2008 9:13 am

If you want to use a PST as your main Topic storage you can use Exchange plus one PST for primary storage plus another PST for secondary storage. But you won't be filing to Exchange at all...
Brad Meador
brad

Thanks, brad....

Postby justauser » Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 am

Thanks, that helps, but I use 4 PSTs, and Exchange. I could give up Exchange, but not the PSTs. I wonder why the product has this limit or even cares. When I create a project it could ask for the folder and remember the folder for the project. Heck, a better idea is to look at all folfers across all PSTs and suggest matches based on name, or even ask where to file and look at the pattern of email adressees and subject and learn the project / content mapping.
justauser

Postby brad » Fri May 02, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks for the suggestions. FYI - This limitation is in place largely for performance reasons.
Brad Meador
brad

Re: Multiple PSTs

Postby Ian Robertson » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:36 am

Is there any news on when CC will support multiple pst files?

Thks
Ian Robertson

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for your interest. ClearContext currently supports up to 2 PST files. I don't have an estimate on when that number will be extended.
Scott - CC Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Full support for filing to unlimited PST files is provided in v5.0 and later.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support