The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Netcentrics User - Need Help Giving ClearContext a Try

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Netcentrics User - Need Help Giving ClearContext a Try

Postby paul1454 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 am

I am currently using the GTD Add in from Netcentrics. I would like to give ClearContext a try. However, I do not really know how best to go about using the free 30 day trial. I want to be able to give the product a try, but also want to be able to switch back to Netcentrics if ClearContext is not what I'm looking for. Any advice from people who have been in the same situation?

Also, if anyone has any helpful comments on what they liked/disliked about the two, I would really like to hear others' opinions.
paul1454

Re: Netcentrics User - Need Help Giving ClearContext a Try

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 am

If you replace Netcentrics with ClearContext and decide to switch back, I don't believe you will have any issues. It should be a matter of simply installing/uninstalling the appropriate products. Alternatively, we do have users that use ClearContext and Netcentrics at the same time, so that is an option also.

If you need extra time, there is an additional 30 day grace period beyond the initial trial in which the product will still continue to function.
ClearContext Support

Postby paul1454 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Thanks. I disabled the Netcentrics add-in and have downloaded the 30 day trial. So far, the program seems to work very well. However, I was wondering if there is a way to have sent messages copy the the project folders rather than moving them to the respective project folder. I am an attorney and look back to my sent items quite often to make sure I've captured all my time for a given day. I am unable to do this when my sent mail is filed in the various folders.

Also, is there a way to "hide" inactive projects and their corresponding folders? If not, is there a good workaround? Would moving those folders to subfolders under an "inactive" folder do the trick?
paul1454

Postby paul1454 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I just figured out how to see my sent items by setting up a search folder. So, disregard that question. Thanks.
paul1454

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:18 am

Glad to hear you found a solution for seeing a sent message view. The active projects that ClearContext shows are determined by the folder structure. There are 2 ways I can suggest storage for inactive projects:

- create a separate archive PST folder in which to move all your inactive projects. Disable use of this mail file within ClearContext if necessary.
- change the "root" folder for your main mail file. For example, if you set it to Inbox, it will only use folders that are under your Inbox for projects and ignore all other folders in that mail file.

Both of these options can be configured within the first tab of the ClearContext Options screen
ClearContext Support

Postby paul1454 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank you very much. I am really starting to feel comfortable with the interface and think that I may make the switch from Netcentrics before my trial is over. I have one more questions. I typically like to save tasks and emails related to client prospects. Obviously, some of those prospects will never become clients and will be moved to my inactive folders. However, the ones that become clients, I move them out of my prospects file into a client file. What is the best way to recategorize the emails? Is it best to create a new folder, then go to the "prospect" folder and select all items within the folder and recategorize? This doesn't seem that difficult, but I want to make sure there is not an easier way.

Thanks in advance.
paul1454

Postby paul1454 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Oh, one more thing: Can I save an email to multiple project folders? I often receive messages that should be categorized in multiple locations and would love to be able to save the message in several places without too much work.
paul1454

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 am

If you need to reassign messages from one Project/Folder to another, selecting them and refiling them using the ClearContext File Message buttons is probably the best way.

Unfortunately, there is no good way to file a message to multiple folders. Outlook does not permit this without making multiple separate copies of an email.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support