The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Network filing of project emails...

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Network filing of project emails...

Postby CraigV » Tue May 03, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm a long time user of ClearContext. But over the last year I switched over to an alternative software called Oasys MailManager. The concept is similar, but it stores all emails on your own file server on the network. But the best thing is that the list of projects is networked - so that all of the users on your network share the same filing database. MailManager is a great concept, but not very well written.

I think ClearContext might consider taking your product and adding something like this for small to medium size firms. It really gets business email out of each person's PST/OST and on to the network where it arguably belongs.
CraigV

Re: Network filing of project emails...

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed May 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. ClearContext does currently support filing to shared Public Folders or Sharepoint locations, but we can see how it could be appealing to have a standalone option.
ClearContext Support

Re: Network filing of project emails...

Postby CraigV » Tue May 10, 2016 7:15 am

The ability to file emails to the server is useful. But having a centrally managed database of project filing locations is even more useful to me... We are a small network of about 15 persons - I'd rather not have to configure filing locations for 100 projects manually across 15 different users. A central database of filing locations is key. The way that Oasys MailManager does it is pretty well thought out.
CraigV

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support