The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

New Version and GTD for Outlook

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

New Version and GTD for Outlook

Postby Arry74 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi

Is there any news on when a possible new release will be available?

Also, before I discovered ClearContext I was using the GTD Outlook Add-In.

What I liked about it was the ability to assign everything to a project, ie saved files, emails, notes etc. It printed reports on project status etc.

Any plans on incorporating any of these types of features into a future release?

Cheers

Aron
Arry74

Re: New Version and GTD for Outlook

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 am

We did just release a new 6.1 version a couple of months ago. We are planning to release another incremental 6.2 version this summer.

We are also working on a major v7 release, though that is still some time away. For v7, there will be enhancements to the Project features. If there is something in particular you would like to see, please post as descriptively as possible your features requests.
ClearContext Support

Postby yeti_bob » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:03 pm

One feature I would like to see with respect to projects is to be able to add tasks under the project which do not show up in the dashboard unless they have the next action flag set. This way I can plan out and load a series of project tasks but not have them clutter my task view until they are actionable (next actions). Even better would be the ability to prioritize tasks within a project so that as the next action in the project is completed the next task in sequence is flagged as the next action.

Perhaps this could be implemented by filtering out project tasks from the Dashboard view that don't have start dates unless they are flagged as a next action.
yeti_bob

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:00 am

Thanks for the feedback yeti_bob. There is currently a filter you can select in the sidebar Dashboard that only shows next actions, but it sounds like this may be more constraining than what you are looking for.

Our current thinking on the future for the Dashboard is to evolve it into more of what you are describing - focusing more on what should I be working on instead of a full task list. We welcome further feedback on how folks would like to see these types of features working.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support