The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

No Add-In available after install

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

No Add-In available after install

Postby TomWightman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 pm

I am using Vista and outlook 2003.

I upgraded to the new version and once I did everything stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and even cleaned up the registry, but I cannot get ClearContext Pro to load.

It has not been disabled, but the add-in is not available on the Add-in tab in outlook.

I do not have any software that should interfere with clearcontext that I know of.

Any suggestions?

Can't post for some reason, so I will put my answer here. Found out the probelem was the UAC setting, turned it on and everything worked. Thanks.
Last edited by TomWightman on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
TomWightman

Re: No Add-In available after install

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Did you look in both COM Add-ins and Disabled Items to enable the add-in? Details here.

If that's not it; did you install under the same user rights and UAC settings that you run Outlook under? For example, if you installed by selecting Run as Administrator, I don't expect it to work. Follow directions here to completely remove and reinstall the program.

If that doesn't help, post a screen print of your COM Add-ins dialog and your Disabled Items dialog so that I can take a closer look.

Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support