The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Office 2010 Add-In / Functionality Problems

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Office 2010 Add-In / Functionality Problems

Postby JHCallahan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 am

Using Outlook 2010 beta with CC V5.0.2 running fully update version of Vista.

Have seen some similar posts to this one, but not fully on point.

Have reinstalled CC5.0.2 twice now, but running into same problem over and over.

When opening Outlook/loading ClearContext the following sequence occurs:

1. I get the following message: "Form region cannot be opened. The form region manifest contains invalid XML."

2. The ClearContext section of the Outlook ribbon is only partially filled in, showing only Scorecard, Unsubscribed (grayed-out) and the More pull down icons showing.

3. After clicking ok on error message #1 above, I get another message: The form region "ClearContext.RelatedView" cannot be opened. An add-in returned an error while loading the form region storage. The return type must be a path to the form region storage file or the contents of the form region storage."

4. After clicking ok, the ribbon then completes itself, with the File Msg: icon now joining the previous icons.

5. When clicking on the Add-In tab above the ribbon, Clear Context does not show there as an Add-in, even though it is shown as an "Active Application Add-in" when viewed via File --> Options --> Add-ins.

6. In the More pulldown, neither Task nor Schedule appear as options (a fatal flaw for my personal use!).

7. When clicking on any e-mail, the error message in #1 above reappears.

Needless to say, very problematic, and requires me to uninstall CC, which I'm loath to do. Please help.

I have screen shots of the above if that would be helpful.

Thanks.

John
JHCallahan

Re: Office 2010 Add-In / Functionality Problems

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 am

It sounds like the product is disabled. Try this from our FAQ. Note that there are TWO places to check in Outlook to ensure that the product is enabled.
ClearContext Support

Postby JHCallahan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. But the product is not disabled, as far as I can tell.

In File --> Options --> Add-In --> Manage COM AddIns: ClearContext (file: clearmail.dll) is shown as an Active Application COM Add-In.

In File --> Options --> Add-In--> Manage Disabled Items: ClearContext is not shown (i.e., is not disabled)

In File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings --> Macro Settings: The "Apply macro security settings to installed add-ins" check box is NOT checked (i.e., macro restrictions are not being applied to Add-Ins. (I tried to see if applying them would help; it did not.).

Other possibilities / suggestions?
JHCallahan

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Try a complete removal of the product. Then reinstall under the same user accounts/rights that you run Outlook under.

If that doesn't do it, send us a screen print of the problem at support at clearcontext dot com. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby JHCallahan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:58 pm

I thought I had found the answer, but have not. Here is what I've done:

1. I turned off all other Add-Ins except for ClearContext. Restarted Outlook. Still received both error messages stated above... "Form region cannot.....XML, etc." AND ""ClearContext.RelatedView...."

2. I turned off ALL add-ins, including ClearContext. Restarted Outlook. Got the first error message "Form...XML" but then not the second "CC.Related View". Led me to conclude that the "Form...XML" problem was Outlook, not CC.

3. Uninstalled CC via the Control Panel. Restarted Outlook. Still received the "Form...XML" error. (Same outcome as #2)

4. Uninstalled Outlook 2010 via Control Panel. Reinstalled Outlook 2010. Restarted Outlook. Still received the "Form...XML" error. (Same outcome as #2 and #3). So, not an Outlook error?

5. Uninstalled CC using the more complete directions provided in your last posting. Stepped through all 7 steps without incident. For good measure, I rebooted. The re-started Outook. No error messages received.

6. Restarted Outlook again, just to be sure. No error messages! Yeah!! BUT, I don't have CC installed, which, of course, is the objective here....

7. So, installed CC 5.0.2 without anything else running. Just for good measure, I rebooted. Then launched Outlook.... back to two same error messages "Form.... XML" and "CC.RelatedView"

8. Checked the Add-In status again in Outlook Options. Shown as Active Add-In, Not a Disabled Add-in.

9. As a check, I disabled the CC add-in (and all others) in Outlook Options then restarted Outlook. Took me right back up to Step 2 above.

So conclusions:

A. Neither error message is a result of Outlook itself, as I'm able to get to an error free Outlook. (See Steps 5 and 6)

B. The CC install causes both error messages to appear.

C. Disabling the CC Add-In doesn't correct both errors -- (it does eliminate the second error messages, but leaves me with the first message whenever I open Outlook thereafter) -- and leaves me without CC.

D. A Control Panel-based removal of CC doesn't correct both error -- (again, eliminates the second message, but leaves me with the first error message whenever opening Outlook) -- and leaves me without CC.

E. Therefore, ClearContext doesn't work with Outlook 2010 beta.

Please say it ain't so!....
JHCallahan

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:15 pm

ClearContext v5.0.2 fully supports Outlook 2010 Beta and RTM. This is a problem with your individual setup, not a basic incompatibility. Now we just need to figure out what's going on. Please go to ClearContext > About, press Email Support and send us the data in that email. Include screen prints showing the errors. Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 pm

I should clarify that it currently supports the 32 bit version of Outlook 2010, but not the 64 bit. Details here.
ClearContext Support

Postby JHCallahan » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Have sent you photos via e-mail.

And I am running 32 bit.

I look forward to getting this resolved.

Thanks.
JHCallahan

Postby NickMilner » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:31 am

I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour after upgrading my Outlook to the released 2010 version. After the Outlook upgrade CC was working ok except for the error message whenever I clicked on a mail. I tried removing and reinstalling to get rid of the error message and now I still get the error but now the CC tab has disappeared from the ribbon. I'll send you an "About" email.

Hope you can help, thanks!

/edit - restarted Outlook after entering my registration key and the ClearContext tab is there again. I also get an error message on startup "A form region cannot be opened. The form region manifest contains invalid XML." I still have the "ClearContext.RelatedView" error messages.
NickMilner

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:00 am

The issues the original poster had were due to running two different versions of Outlook on the same machine. Did you upgrade your installation or did you install 2010 alongside a previous version of Office.

In the near term, go to ClearContext > Options > UI/Toolbar and disable MessageContext. Does this eliminate the pop-up messages?
ClearContext Support

Postby NickMilner » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 pm

I upgraded all of my Office applications to 2010 at once - I'm not running two versions of Outlook side-by-side. Unticking the MessageContext options has not solved my problem. :(

/edit - I've cleared up the annoying errors by unticking "show add-in user interface errors" in the options, but I don't have the message context any more. This is pretty much mitigated by Outlook 2010's conversation view in any case.

So I seem to be functionally at the same level I was before, but it's not really "right". I'm happy to try further suggestions, thanks!
NickMilner

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:09 pm

If you're fine with the way it's working, I wouldn't touch it. If you want to try an repair, run a complete/thorough uninstall of the product then reinstall under the same user name and rights that you intend to run Outlook under.
ClearContext Support

Postby NickMilner » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 am

I tried that yesterday with no luck. I'm ok for now, though. Thanks.
NickMilner

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue May 04, 2010 6:33 am

To anyone else that stumbles across this issue, the problem appears to be corruption introduced when upgrading Outlook. To resolve, try the following:

a. Uninstall ClearContext using the removal script
b. Uninstall Office completely
c. Reinstall Office
d. Reinstall ClearContext
Scott - CC Support

Postby ClearContext Support » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 pm

JHCallahan and NickMilner - are you running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows? Thanks.
ClearContext Support

Next

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support