The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Office 365 ProPlus Topic Tree configuration

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Office 365 ProPlus Topic Tree configuration

Postby kschandrashekar » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 am

I was using Outlook 2010 before with ClearContext 5.4.4 version. I had configured my clear context Topics folder in the Personal Folder section in the pst file: C:\Users\<user name>\Data\OutlookData\<mail folder>\outlook.pst. In the Topic Tree, all those folders were visible before.
I recently migrated to Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus. In the office the ClearContext dll is enabled in the Addins. I still get the project lables in the jump to feature. But the topic tree does not display all my topics from before.
this may related to another issue. The clearcontext tagged messages are getting stored in Topics folder in the mail server section (ost file), and not in the personal folder section (pst file). It appears that the Topics folder in the PST is no longer the root of the clear context root.
I don't know how to access Topics configuration dialog any more. Some of the clear context menus are available in "Add in" tab of the new Office 365 interface, but there are no option to customize/configure clear context.

How do I get back my oid Topics tree to work with clear context in new Office 65 Pro?

This issue is limiting the usability of clear context. Thanks in advance for quick response.
kschandrashekar

Re: Office 365 ProPlus Topic Tree configuration

Postby ClearContext Support » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:18 pm

If you are using ClearContext version 5 with Office 365, we can be of only limited help. ClearContext v5 is many years old and was only tested with and supported for Outlook versions up to 2010, and if you are using Office 365, they would be providing Outlook 2016.

Having said that, you need to get into the ClearContext Options window to change your Topic location settings. ClearContext v5 did support the Ribbon toolbar, so in theory, while untested, the ClearContext buttons should be in the Ribbon and not the add-ins compatibility area. You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling ClearContext to see if that clears the issue. If you need access to installer, old versions can be requested on our help page: http://www.clearcontext.com
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support