The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Organiser not saving changes

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Organiser not saving changes

Postby lucaris » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:30 am

Hi,

I'm using Outlook 2010 and Clearcontext 5.1 but appear to be having a problem with the Organiser not saving any changes I make in the Organiser itself, however they are saved to the Tasks. I've tried the following:

1> Load Organiser
2> Select Date, Project or Category
3> Right click and make changes to tasks (due date or completed) (or open the Task and make the change)
4> Hit Refresh and all changes are lost
5> Use Outlook Task view and amendments appear to be saved

My account has local admin permissions and I'm using a local pst file

Any advice would be great.
lucaris

Re: Organiser not saving changes

Postby Scott - CC Support » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 am

Please go to ClearContext > More > About > Email Support and send us the data in that email along with a screen print of Files > Account Settings so that we can look at your environment.
Scott - CC Support

Postby lucaris » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 pm

All done ... thanks very much
lucaris

Postby ClearContext Support » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:34 pm

For anyone who stumbles across this post...

There is a bug in the v5.1.0 release for Exchange users who use a PST file as their primary mail file. Task and appointments changes are not reflected in the Dashboard or Organizer until a restart. To workaround, switch your account settings to use your Exchange OST mail file as your primary mail repository. This will require you to move your appointments and tasks from your PST to your OST.

We expect to fix this in a future release.
ClearContext Support

Postby Balthazor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 am

I tried this, and although the dashboard is now properly updating tasks, I can't pin projects. Pinning won't 'stick.' If you switch to pinned projects view, no projects are listed.
Balthazor

Postby Balthazor » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:09 am

Balthazor wrote:I tried this, and although the dashboard is now properly updating tasks, I can't pin projects. Pinning won't 'stick.' If you switch to pinned projects view, no projects are listed.

Well, I got it to work; I had to make my pst file the clearcontext default for filing projects, but make my ost file the default data file within outlook.

Please fix this in a future release.
Balthazor

Postby Balthazor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:25 am

I'm experiencing a problem when attempting to use my OST as my primary data file and CC file / project location: the dashboard updates fine, but emails sent to my POP3 email accounts that are stored in my pst aren't being prioritized.

Since the bulk of my email traffic is POP3, using my OST as primary data file isn't going to work for me. So it appears I have to choose between email prioritization on 95% of my email traffic, or a working dashboard.
Balthazor

Postby Scott - CC Support » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks for the additional updates. We are looking into the issue and hope to fix in a future release.
Scott - CC Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support