The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook 2007 unresponsive on startup

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook 2007 unresponsive on startup

Postby g4willford » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:00 pm

I have just installed CC IMS and now my Outlook (2007) is unresponsive upon application start up. I am running this on XP in an Exchange 2000 environment. As a side note Task Manager shows the app as running as opposed to "Not Responding" but Outlook is essentially hung. The only way to restore functionality was to uninstall the CC IMS app. As another side note my mailbox is around 800 MB and my pst is around 600 MB. Thanks!
g4willford

Postby g4willford » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:15 pm

I set the connection type to prompt before connecting and started up in Offline mode. I received the following error.

2/29/2008 12:14:08 PM
SEVERE_ERROR: (MAPI, .\Managers\DataStoreManager.cpp, 129)
OpenMsgStore failed
MAPIError: (MAPI 1.0: The information store could not be opened. LowError=13e770 Context=13e784)
HRESULT = 8004011d
g4willford

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble right out of the gate!

The error appears to indicate that IMS is unable to open a Personal Folders message store that Outlook says is available. How many archive PST's do you have open in Outlook? Can you access each one of them from native Outlook? Try closing all PST files except your primary mail file by right clicking the message store in your folder list and selecting Close.... If IMS is able to open, then re-add each one until you find the culprit. Please let me know what you find.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support