The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Outlook crash on startup

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Outlook crash on startup

Postby shahram » Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 am

Hi!

Outlook starts and freezes when the clearcontext splash screen shows.
- Office 2003, SP3. version 11.8169.8172
- Latest version of CC, downloaded 19:th of May.
- Have run CC for some time with minor freezes but now it will not start.
- Have ran the ScanPST and ScanOST several times. No errors in files.
- All other plug-ins are disabled,
- Tried starting in safemode (CTRL button held down) with no success.
- The problem was more or less permanent after buying and registering the product.
- Have had two other e-mail accounts added, however, they are removed. with no luck.

Uninstalling and starting outlook works just fine. However, after uninstall the menu item and the views are still there.

How can I completely remove CC and do a clear re-install?
How can I start outlook with CC installed but disabled? I cannot do any trouble shooting with CC installed as it crashes all the time.

Completely hooked on CC and cannot live without. Looking forward to your assistance.

Regards,
Shahram
shahram

Postby ClearContext Support » Fri May 23, 2008 2:16 pm

Run Help > Detect and Repair from within Outlook, then try a reinstall and see if that fixes the problem. Please be advised that Detect & Repair will likely ask for your Office installations CD's.

If that doesn't help, send an email to support at clearcontext dot com referencing this thread and I'll email some additional instructions. Thanks for your patience as we troubleshoot.
ClearContext Support

detect and repair

Postby shahram » Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi!
Before I detect and repair. Do you really think that will help as eveything works once I un-install CC.
For you info, I used to have several mailboxes open at the same time in outlook. One I removed those, thing started to work.
I will detect-repair and get back to you.

//Shahram
shahram

Postby brad » Fri May 23, 2008 10:51 pm

I believe that it is possible that there is some corruption in your setup that ClearContext is unable to handle and running Detect and Repair will resolve it. If that doesn't help, send me the information above and I'll take a closer look. Thanks.
Brad Meador
brad

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support