The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Toolbar missing in second Outlook window

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Toolbar missing in second Outlook window

Postby MSDobbins » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 am

This may be a known issue, but I haven't seen it mentioned before. When I open a second Outlook window, say for example so that I can view my e-mail and calendar at the same time the ClearContext toolbar does not show up on the secondary window. I'm running Office 2003 on Windows XP. Any ideas?
MSDobbins

Re: Toolbar missing in second Outlook window

Postby MSDobbins » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:57 am

An additional bit of information: If you right-click in the secondary window on say the Mail folder button to bring up the context window that has the two options of "Display in a new window" or "Navagation Pane Options...", then click the Navagation Pane Options and immediately cancel out of the window that opens up the ClearContext Toolbar magically shows up, along with the ClearContext menu option. (I failed to mention that the main ClearContext menu option was also not loading in my previous post.)

As a general note one of the things that I find least friendly about CC 5.0 is that there are interface items that do not refresh very well such as the One-Click filing button, which doesn't update when a topic has been assigned to a message/thread in the Inbox through a reply message unless you deselect and then reselect the original message.
MSDobbins

Re: Toolbar missing in second Outlook window

Postby ClearContext Support » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 am

As a general note one of the things that I find least friendly about CC 5.0 is that there are interface items that do not refresh very well such as the One-Click filing button, which doesn't update when a topic has been assigned to a message/thread in the Inbox through a reply message unless you deselect and then reselect the original message.

Go to ClearContext > About > Project Options and enable Project to Category synchronization. Once enabled, the file msg button will update as you expect.

An additional bit of information: If you right-click in the secondary window on say the Mail folder button to bring up the context window that has the two options of "Display in a new window" or "Navagation Pane Options...", then click the Navagation Pane Options and immediately cancel out of the window that opens up the ClearContext Toolbar magically shows up, along with the ClearContext menu option. (I failed to mention that the main ClearContext menu option was also not loading in my previous post.)

This is a limitation of the Outlook API. Another workaround - If you enable MessageContext in the Message Preview clicking on any message in the message list will cause ClearContext to load. Enable via ClearContext > Options > UI/Toolbar.
ClearContext Support

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support