The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Task Item Viewing on Mobile Device

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Task Item Viewing on Mobile Device

Postby rjdanforth » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 am

I am relatively newbie to ClearContext. I have had it for 6 months. The dashboard is great; however, I am in desperate need of having access to the information while I am away from my laptop, specifically, I desire the ability to view my tasks and have the ability to add tasks. My current system is workin relatively okay, but it is not perfect, and I wondered what other people are doing.

My system is basically the following. I have a livescrive pen and notebook which I use as a general note keeping device. It take notes in the front section of the book. I utilize the back half of the book for maintaining tasks. When I get back to my desk, I transfer the action items into Outlook/ClearContext. Invariably, my to do list in my notebook and outlook are not synchronized.

Is there a better way? I am not looking for a total clear context port to a mobile device, but rather a simpler way to manage action items remotely via the use of an electronic device, one that will synchronize and eliminate the need to rely on me to synchronize. I have a dell Axim and ipod touch (The axim has been sitting in my drawer for about a year after failed attempts with trying to productively use it). The touch is with me most of the time.

Has anyone had success with third party synchronization products, e.g. Remember The Milk?

You may ask, why not just walk around with my laptop into meetings? That's a great question. Our corporate culture does not allow for laptops in meetings. We are however allowed to utilize mobile devices, e.g. blackberries, touch's, etc.... since they are deemed less obtrusive and are onyl allowed out when checking calendars.

Any practical advice is appreciated. Thanks much.
rjdanforth

Re: Task Item Viewing on Mobile Device

Postby rubinsky » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 am

I am using Android mobile OS and Nitrodesk does the job but will be great to know if you have found other solution - maybe sync task with Gmail for web access?
rubinsky

Return to ClearContext Professional Features & Support