The forums are being retired in favor of a new help portal with improved knowlege base and direct access to support. - Please visit our new help portal for information and support.

Topic (on the tool bar) history wiped out...

Have a support question regarding ClearContext for Microsoft Outlook? Find help here. Be sure to include what version of Outlook and Windows you are using.

Moderator: ClearContext Support

Postby erwatki » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:51 am

Love it. But I must have done something to wipe out the history of Topic (s) in the toolbar pulldown menu... Unless you can tell me there is a feature or preference I need to set to keep (and restore) the history. I had a large history file there, and they have disappeared. Is it because I reset the toolbars?
Edwin Watkins
Complex Voice and Data Solutions
Qwest Communications
303 308-5660 or 800 242.4130
edwin.watkins@qwest.com
erwatki

Postby brad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:57 am

That toolbar doesn't show history - it shows all of the contents of your ClearContext Topics folder. Every subfolder of the ClearContext Topics folder appears as an entry in the Topic drop down.

Did you move your folders and/or change the location of your ClearContext Topics folder? This would cause the behavior your describe.

For more detail, see Topics configuration in our user guide:

http://www.clearcontext.com/user_guide/topics.html

Please let me know if this helps.
Brad Meador
brad

Postby erwatki » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:56 pm

You are right. Thats what I did. But it isnt clear where I put the Topic list except that I did put it in Personal Folders.
My intention is to MOVE my Inbox into a .pst folder (since I am always in trouble with the Exchange Server limit) and then allow the Topic list to build there. Any suggestions or examples of how people use CC / Topic tool to keep their Inbox in a .pst file? I wonder if anyone has ever taken a snapshot. I know your demo site has some examples, but I'm looking for a realistic version for people like me who keep everything and have resorted to putting their inbox on a .pst file. Maybe I can send you a snapshot of what I'm trying to do....
Edwin Watkins
Complex Voice and Data Solutions
Qwest Communications
303 308-5660 or 800 242.4130
edwin.watkins@qwest.com
erwatki

Postby brad » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:02 pm

Ed -

I think this will answer your question:

http://blog.clearcontext.com/2005/05/ho ... id_ex.html

Let me know if this helps.
Brad Meador